Sometimes we take life for granted..sometimes we even take voting for granted...
Do you know that voting is one of the crucial processes that is instrumental in the success of a democracy.
Imagine this conversation:
"The Government is useless, there is nothing they can do to make our lives better, the rising prices, the unemployment, the escalating crime rate…they have no answers", said Ah Meng.
"Well, if you are really concerned about all these things, you should have voted Mikey!", said Joven. "May be a better candidate would have won, and may be he would have taken some effective measures for improvement…Unless you vote you just can’t blame the government, because you have failed your duties!"
Well if you are one of those people who think voting is a waste of time and keep on complaining about how the government is a complete failure; then it is time you realize the importance of voting, and do your bit towards enhancing the government functioning! Here are some reasons why people should vote…
1. Be it an election for a county commissioners, governor, state officials, legislators or the president - it is these people who have the rights to formulate policies that will affect :
* your job
* your children and descendants
* your country
* your taxes
* your entire life and that of your loved ones and friends.
2. Voting ensures that your opinion is taken into account while appointing the person who holds the reins of power.
3. People who are elected have the power to formulate educational policies which are instrumental in shaping the future of children and hence the future of the nation itself.
4. Health care, highways, jobs, taxes or even food, the elected representatives have the power to take decisions over some of the most vital issues in our life.
5. So would you be comfortable in letting "anybody" take over these powers, without exercising your right to vote?
6. Voting is one of the fundamental processes, which is instrumental in the development of a healthy democracy.
7. If you are a registered voter for the three by-elections in either BATANG AI, BUKIT GANTANG OR BUKIT SELAMBAU, exercise your right to opinion. Your right to vote is your right to expression and opinion. Do not take your right for granted.
8. Take leave to go back to your hometown no matter how inconvenient.
9. Try and appreciate the power of voting by exercising it!
You can make the difference. VOTE!!!